Saturday, June 20, 2009

someone told me its all happening...at the gym?

Soccer moms. You know the ones I am talking about. Blonde. Size 2. Tan. Have nothing better to do every day except spend five hours at the gym and tanning beds. This is what I encountered at French Riviera today. I go to work out. Makes me feel better and healther, plus helps with my asthma. But then I am forced to get on the eliptical right next to these women. As I am forcing my way through 45 minutes of cardio, these women run 15 miles without even breaking a sweat.

I am not one of those people who looks extra sexy after a workout. Personally, I do not see how people do it. Women with their glistening hair in a ponytail, with their post-workout glow on their faces. They hop everywhere, as their hair swings back and forth behind them. What do I look like after the gym? My face is redder than a lobster, and I have sweat pouring off my face and body onto the floor. Its enough to make someone sick. I look like I am having a heart attack. I wish I could be a sexy workout woman, but alas, I do not see how this is possible.

My proposal? Two seperate gym areas: one called "too-in-shape-soccer-mom-area" and the other called "red-faced-sweat-too-much-area". There has to be others like me out there somewhere, right?

Also, picked up the pick of the week for this week at Starbucks: "Coffee Girl" by The Tragically Hip. Pretty sweet. Check it out.

and Bob Dylan's new album rocks as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment