Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spring Break is SO NOT a Bust

So this is the first year since I have started school (i.e. Jr. K when I was four) that I have not gone out of town on Spring Break. Spring Break has become a tradition for me.  It is a time to get away, away from Memphis and away from life.  It has always been my time to relax and see a new part of the world. I have gone to many different places on past Spring Breaks, including out West, up North, to the beaches South, and out of the country completely. However, this year, for the first time since I was four, I will not be going anywhere for Spring Break. Nowhere.

Since my Plan A (Cancun) and Plan B (New Orleans) fell through, I am officially going to be home for that week. My boss wanted me to housesit, and since I don't have any plans, I agreed to do so. Therefore, I will be out of my Arlington housing situation and living in East Memphis that week.

So now, Spring Break for Shannon is going to be known as "Enjoy Memphis Week".  There is so much that I have not done in this city, and Memphis has so much to offer.  I decided that I can pick a couple of places to go every day that I have never been. I can try museums and take tours. At night, I want to see local live music that I have never experienced in local venues that I do not normally frequent. I can explore my city to the greatest depths. and I am actually kind of excited about it.  

Between seeing Memphis during the day, working, and enjoying the nightlife after, I can say that my Spring Break is still going to be pretty eventful.

Here is a brainstormed list of things I want to do so far...
Sun Studios
Civil Rights Museum
Cotton Museum
Fire Museum
Chucalissa
Ghost River Brewery Tour
Java Cabana jam sessions

Anybody have any more suggestions? I have a whole week to fill up here! and also, company is always nice. If anyone wants to join me on my week long quest, please let me know! Things are always more fun with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment