Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thats Me, The Nice One

I was at work the other day when a coworker asked me if there was anyone in this world that I just did not like.  First, I found this hilarious because I was in the middle of a relentless teasing session directed towards him, but everyone who knows me knows that I only tease out of love.  However, this question did really make me stop and think. and honestly, there really is not one person in this world that I just do not like.

Now, I know I am a bit of a people pleaser. Okay, a lot of a people pleaser. I really like it when everyone around me is happy. It makes me happy. But I don't think that is the real reason. 

In this split second I re-evaluated my entire life and who I am as a person. I came to the realization that I have a talent of finding a common interest with just about everyone. I have such a wide range of interests, that I can relate to almost everyone in this world (I say almost, because I have not yet met everyone in this world).  and if I cannot find a common interest of any sort, then I am really curious to learn more about the other person and why they like the things they do. I am a curious person by nature, and lets be frank. People love to talk about themselves.

Now don't get me wrong, there are people who annoy me at times.  There are people with whom I disagree on many topics. There are many people that sometimes I just want to slap and scream ARE YOU AN IDIOT? But this is not all of the time.  I can honestly say that I still like all of these people.  Some people I like more than others, as there is a large spectrum on which everyone in my life sits. But I can find good in everyone and in every situation. 

Now some people may see this as a flaw, but I personally see it as a good thing. 

So after this split second re-evaluation of my outlook on the world of people, I simply looked over the bar and replied, "No. I guess not."

No comments:

Post a Comment